Our Story....

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lincoln Boy

So I just have to take a minute and write about my little Lincoln Boy.....what a stinkin cute little STINKER!  He is such a handful, but the cutest one I have ever seen! 
He makes me laugh and cry all in the same afternoon.....EVERYDAY!!!!

Here are a few cute facts about Lincoln:

First of all....he thinks his name is Lincoln Boy!  Jordan always calls him that and so when asked one day by a total stranger what his name was, he proudly said, "Lincoln Boy!!!!  And...this is my baby brother, Soy Boy!"
Secondly...He thinks he is the boss, the one running the show!  Sometimes when I am telling him something and he says NO or why,  I tell him because I am the boss or the Mom.  Then he says,
"No I am the Lincoln Boy!!!"
Trumped (apparently)
Third ....If he covers his eyes, I can't see what he has just done (spilled makeup everywhere, peed on the floor, painted the wall with my eyeshadow, hurt Sawyer, ripped apart his bed and room
....just to name a few)
Fourth...he is turning out to be quite the little singer.  Lately when we have been riding in the car he will just all of a sudden start singing every third or fourth word of a song.  How is he picking it up so quickly???  It is so cute though!  (A fav being the Black eyed Peas...Tonight's gonna be a good night. 
He knows almost every word).
  5...He needs your undivided attention when he is talking to you.  If you are not looking at him while he is speaking to you he will let you know...."Mom look at me...look at me Mom!!!" or
"I can't talk to Daddy if you are talking Mom!" 
Six....He has been shopping with Grandma Shauna and I way too much.  Jordan and I will be at the store and he will pick up something really random like batteries and say, "Look, Cute batteries Mom."
Seven...When he knows he is about to get in trouble, he politely puts up his hand and says, "Wait...stop"  like he has a perfectly good explanation for what just happened.
8...Believe it or not, he is learning manners, because he teaches us everyday.  When we go out to get the mail we will walk to the driveway and he will say, "Wait...stop Mom, now say please." 
And if you say please..he will let you come with him to the mailbox!
Nine...he has to say every prayer at our house.  Sometimes he gets very specific and blesses every item on the dinner table and he always ends screaming AMEN!!!
Lastly #10...he has a new best friend, a stuffed dog that he named Slinky. 
Slinky goes everywhere and does everything with Lincoln. 
He puts him up to the table to eat, he comes in the bathroom, he sleeps with him. 
Last week he even had to take him to church and while we were there, Lincoln was
eating a piece of bread (cause he did not eat breakfast) and he was getting crumbs everywhere. 
When I told him to be careful because he was spilling, he picked up
Slinky and he had him eating up all the crumbs. 
AAAHHHH...Linky and Slinky!!!!  What a team!


 












Lincoln says the darndest things!
For those days when I am going crazy....

*L:  I want more cereal Mom (froot loops). 
 M:  Finish the ones in you bowl first.
 L:   But they are too squeaky... the other ones are more roughy!


*After discussing that we will go home and make spaghetti for dinner
L:  Thank You...Thank You...Thank You Mom!!! 
I knew I could count on you!


*His new favorite phrase when he wants something whether it be candy,
the toy Sawyer has or milk...
L:  But Mom I just want that so I can be happy!


*Common response i hear
L:  AAHHH...Coconuts! 


***And my Favorite.....
L:  I love you sooooo much!!!!


Sometimes he is too smart for his own good....But life would definitely be boring without
My Lincoln Boy!!! 








No comments: