I am a little slow at posting this, but our family had the opportunity to drive to Atlanta last month to go to the open house for the Atlanta, Georgia Temple! We actually went on Sawyer's 1st Birthday which I thought was pretty cool! It was about a 3 1/2 hour drive each way and we did it all in 1 day....which was a little hard on the boys, but
so worth it!!!
It was so beautiful and serene inside. Even though it had not been dedicated yet, the spirit was still so strong. It kind of bummed me out to realize how far the temple is from us now. We were so spoiled to have so many temples so close to us back in Utah. There were at least 6 within an hour of us. I have to admit, I feel a little guilty and sad that we did not take full advantage of that great blessing. We let life get in the way. Now...with the kids and Jordan being in classes, I am not sure when we will get the opportunity to go.
I am so so grateful for my eternal family! Love my Boys so much!!!
Our really good friend Bradly also came with us. Jordan and Bradly met at the airport in Dothan on their way to WOCS...and they have been inseparable ever since. I tease them all the time about being Exactly the same.
Bradly is not a member but started going to church with Jordan during WOCS. After the kids and I got here, he has continued to come to church with us just about every week. He always has a lot of questions and Jordan talks a lot with him about it. It is fun to see Jordan in a kind of Missionary mode...but the cool thing is that it is with a really good friend! When we told him we were going to go to Atlanta to see the Temple he totally wanted to come with us!
What a trooper to ride that long with the boys!!!! We had a great time and we are glad he came too!
No comments:
Post a Comment