I need a hobby!!!!!
I am l-o-s-i-n-g my mind already. I look at all my talented friends and on a bunch of different blogs and I get depressed. I wish I had but 1 creative or talented bone in my body.
I have always had a hard time in determining what talents my Heavenly Father has blessed me with. I have always felt super average. I have known so many people who are just dripping in talent, character, kindness, empathy, love and so on. I have often thought when I die would anyone care or even remember me. I have always wanted to be the kind of person that everyone wants to be friends with...or the kind of person that others look up to or are inspired by. But, it seems like just getting by as average is ME!
When I was dancing, there was finally a time where I felt like I was blessed with a talent. A talent which I then shared with children when I was teaching. It has now been 7 years since I have danced and over 3 since I have taught. I miss feeling like there was something that I was good at. It is hard sometimes.
Sorry...this is just me having a moment. I hope I can figure it all out soon.
4 comments:
I don't love that you are having a moment, but I LOVE that you are sharing your moment! Makes me feel a bit more normal for sharing my moments and it makes it so it doesn't feel like you are gone.
I often wonder this same thing! I feel blessed with talents, but I don't feel that I really excel in them. I wish there was one that I could be EXCELLENT at. I especially feel this way with gifts such as being charitable, thoughtful, unconditionally loving etc. Things I am working on but definitely haven't mastered!
As with you, I wish so badly that I could dance! That is an awesome talent, but I know how you feel now that you can't be doing it as you once did. I do feel it is important especially now that we are moms with little kids to still have something that we love to do as to not lose who we are outside of being a mom... It is very hard to find time though!
I think you are a beautiful person inside & out and are a great friend! I hope you find something that you love!
That is Lindsi by the way, I didn't realize it was logged into James account.
amy,
Just know that you are not alone in your feelings. Giving up certain things, such as dancing, to be a mom, is a big deal...though it doesn't feel like it most days. You are so not average. Our talents are not always one we can show to the world. You are creative...I saw your house. I struggle with similar feelings. Just remember that what you are doing for your children as a mother, is just as important as what you were teaching the children you were teaching to dance. You area gifted, beautiful, happy woman that people wanted and still want to be around.
-amy nord
First of all I read this post a couple days ago and broke out into tears. Because first I just adore you and felt sad that you feel this way and second because I know exactly how you are feeling.
It is hard enough being a mom, wife, mother, friend. Then you add all the pressure of life and at least I feel like you just can't add it up and there's no way to be good let alone perfect at anything.
If it means anything know that there are many of us who clearly care about you and want you to know how AMAZING you are. You were always kind to me and an example of that. You have many talents and don't sell yourself short in what Heavenly Father has given you(sheesh am I preaching enough. Enough already Amy!)
Post a Comment