This just in... I am officially not mother of the year......
It is so hard when scary things happen to your kids and when they get hurt. So many emotions....
Scared (More like FREAKED)
Angry
Sad
Guilty
Pain
FAILURE!!!!
and thoughts run through your head....
I should have known better!!!!
Why???
How did this happen???
Will he be ok?
Is their going to be permanent damage???????
How you can ever be prepared I will never know. I just hope and pray that My Heavenly Father knows and that he will always be there to help me through it. I admit I am weak and can only do so much and I need help!
The Accident:
My beautiful, sweet and tender 10 month old got the stroller ride from HELL.....Only word to describe it. Jordan and I had been out in the garage finally clearing out and putting away that last of the boxes. Lincoln was playing and I had put Sawyer in the stroller to play. We were just about done when Jordan and I went to carry a cabinet into the house. We were only gone for 1 minute when I heard screaming..... I already knew what happened. But how did Lincoln manage to unlock the brake, maneuver the stroller around the two cars and make it down the steep driveway so quickly?? I expected to see Sawyer at the bottom of our driveway, but he was not there and the crying was coming down the street. I start screaming and running down the hill in the front yard towards Sawyer who is down the street tipped over in the stroller in the neighbors driveway. He was screaming and laying in a pool of blood, but still strapped into the stroller. I was freaking out not knowing where all the blood was coming from. I hurried and unstrapped him and picked him up to inspect him to see where the blood was coming from. It looked like only from his nose and the scrapes on his head. I immediately ran inside to clean him up and take a better look. He was not having it and it did not look good, so we jumped in the car and went to the Emergency Room.
3 hours later.....(worst ER ever) we finally are taken back to see a Doctor. Don't worry we are not freaked out at all about our baby's brain swelling or anything...... Jeez.
After more waiting..facial x-rays..and more waiting, the dr. tells us that he has no fractures and his nasal cavity is not broken. He just has a lot of nice bumps and bruises and that we will need to watch him closely for the next 48 hours. 6 hours later we were finally home!
**Note to self...Next emergency we have, we are driving the 30 minutes to Dothan.
My Brave Little Boy:
This was while we were waiting at the ER
The next day...it already looks better
4 days later...lookin pretty good and all the swelling is pretty much gone.
What a little trooper he has been!!! We are so happy and relieved that you are ok Sawyer!
LOVE YOU LOTS!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment