I needed a couple of days to let this sink in, but
The Hooge's are officially moving to Korea!
I never thought I would say those 7 words together....well at least with that 7th word in there! The moving part it seems like I say every year or so. But...here we are!
Jordan calling me on Thursday with the news was rather SHOCKING to say the least! I was not prepared for that phone call. I thought we would not hear for at least 3 more weeks. I had been talking to Jordan about 10 minutes earlier while he was on his lunch break. He told me he needed to go to formation and class, so when he called again I was surprised.
I said, "Hello" and his response, "So do you want to know where we are moving?"
DUH??? Of course!
He proceeds to ask me, "Do you want to guess?" Ummm.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? "NO, just tell me!!!"
"KOREA!"
I think my heart stopped for a split second.....................................................
Even though we had put it down as one of our three choices, I really did not believe that we would be going there. I admit, I cried a little. And then I started to panic a little. I think I spent the next 3 hours on the phone calling and texting family until I was red in the face and extremely hot! Hot Flashes...Really???
Well 6 days later I think it has finally sunk in, but now my mind is racing a million miles a minute!
How? Where? When? What to take? What not to take? What to do first????
Heck if I know! I honestly need someone to take my hand and walk me through this one.
Overwhelmed...Yes, I think that would be the correct word!!!
Excited... Yes, I think it will end up being an amazing adventure for our little family!!
(And for anyone who wants to come and visit!)
OK Heavenly Father, if you say so! I am sure down the road I will fully understand, but for know I will just put my trust in thee!
4 comments:
what an exciting adventure!! talk to lisa clark, she loved it there and i'm sure she'd have lots of good tips! :) just bummed we wont be headed to the same place!
Hi Amy! I found your blog through Amy's :) And I was going to say exactly what she said--talk to Lisa! She said she really liked living there.
As crazy at is must seem to be moving to Korea, how exciting at the same time. I will miss you though!
You guys are going to have such an adventure.. and maybe have us as visitors in the future!
Amy I saw this on facebook and I wanted to comment but I had so much to say! This is so exciting for your family! I lived in Okinawa when I was 10-12 and it was an amazing experience for our family. I even visited Korea once! There is so much to explore and learn about a new culture and so many great people to meet, and so many awesome missionary experiences to be had. I hope you guys really enjoy it! It will change your life! Good luck with the packing and the move... We will miss you around here. Will you ever come back?!!
Post a Comment