Our Story....

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sweet Home Alabama

So we have been in Alabama for 2 1/2 weeks now and we are all unpacked and settled for the most part.  It was a LONG and interesting drive...4 days and 8 states later we finally made it!  Jordan drove the moving truck and I followed in the van with the kids and my Mom.  We honestly could not have made it without my Mom's help!  THANK YOU GRANDMA SHAUNA!!!!  She made sure the kids were happy and taken care of the whole 2100 miles....which means I drove the whole way!  I definitely had a few stressful moments driving through some of the bigger cities, but Memphis and Birmingham took the prize!  I hate driving in places i do not know very well.  I get so nervous and I have the death grip on the wheel.  My worst nightmare would be to get lost, take the wrong exit and not know where I am at.  But...we made it here and after just a LITTLE cockroach problem and wait for the utilities to be turned on, we finally moved in!

We are renting a nice house just off post in Enterprise that Jordan found.  It is a quick drive for Jordan and in a nice neighborhood.  We have not met any of our neighbors yet, but there are several ward members close by which is nice!  The ward seems very friendly and we have felt so welcomed already!  Our ward consists of mostly retired folks and then flight students with young families. 

Here are a few pics of the house and neighborhood.







Thanks to my little model helper Lincoln!!

As you can see, our house is on a hill so mowing the lawn should prove to be fun for Jordan.  Also a couple of the pics are of helicopters that fly over 24/7.  It will be fun when Jordan is actually in one of them!

Here are some pics of the inside...don't judge me for the messes!





As you can see, the formal dining/living room we turned into an office/playroom.  We are not very formal people..he he. 



 The boys room!  (I don't know why the pictures turn sideways.)

WARNING.....These last two pictures are a little graphic and gross, but i guess this is part of living in Alabama.  The Road Kill in front of our house last week......


Check out it's little tongue sticking out.......Your Welcome!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! Looks like you've made it your homes sweet home! And what in the world is going on with the road kill? Good luck with everything and see having a blog is fun hehe!

Hanna said...

The place looks awesome. I guess I'll know for sure when I get to see it in person :) I'm jealous of your new adventure.

love birds and a few chicklets said...

Yeah! I am so glad you have a blog!! The house is stinkin' cute - Kuddos to Jordan for finding it! Good Luck on this new adventure {Alabama and Blogging Haha!} We miss seeing your smile on Sunday's! Love ya!